Can I volunteer to help Mooloolaba Lions?
Oh yes please! Pick the project you would like to help us just give Shirley, Peter or Ray a phone call. Details here
Can I attend a meeting as a visitor?
You will be most welcome. You are under no obligation if you do. Visitors are always advised to attend our meeting at the Alex Surf Club on the second Tuesday of each month. Just call our mobile number to let us know you are coming so we can order the extra meal.
Can I make a donation?
Yes, your generosity would be most appreciated. You can make it for general purpose or pick a project you want to support. The Mooloolaba Lions Club will issue a receipt and you can be sure that 100% of your contribution will be used on your choice.
Can I get more information about anything Lions?
Absolutely. Just use the contacts listed here. The telephone may be the quickest. If our Lions member doesn’t answer right away, he or she will get back to you if you leave your number.
Alternately you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should I join Lions?
- Friendship. Lions provides one of the most basic human needs – need for friends & friendship.
- The opportunity to make a difference. As part of a group, you can achieve so much more – in your community, your country, your world.
- The opportunity “To Serve”.This is the best reason for becoming a Lion: the chance to do as a group what we cannot hope to achieve on our own. Our motto is simple, but it says it all. “We Serve”.
- Leadership development. Everyone has the opportunity, to build their leadership skills and to serve in a variety of positions, both at club level and beyond.
- Citizenship in the community. The average Lions Club has at its heart the intention to make the community it serves a better place to live in.
- Fun. Lions is fun. Each meeting is fun. The club projects are fun. Social activities are fun. And the service is fun.
- Citizenship in the world. Every Lion wears a pin that reads “Lions International”. Every Lion is welcome to attend the 41,000+ clubs in more than 205 nations. Some 1.4 million men and women are Lions.
- Assistance when traveling. Because there are Lions clubs everywhere, help is only a ‘phone call away should you need it.
- Lions Clubs organise many different activities that provide entertainment as well as education.
- Lions “Make Things Happen”. Wherever there is a need, you will find Lions, actively involved in getting the job done and making things happen. No job is too big or too small.
How do I join Lions?
Just use the contacts listed here to chat to a Lion and they will assist you.
What is the cost of joining Lions?
There is an annual fee that can be paid quarterly. Chat to Ray, Peter or Shirley for details.
How can I become a Friend of Lions?
Use the link here to find out more. Link to Friend of lions page