Where do our funds go?
Mooloolaba Lions have actively served our local, national and global community through many different initiatives. We are a not for profit organisation registered in Queensland and 100% of funds donated by the public through fundraising are directed to the project for which they are intended. These include:
- Bushfire, Flood and Earthquake appeals
- Supply and purchase of much needed equipment to hospitals, emergency services, families in need
- Regular donations to a variety of registered charities
- One of our club’s major fundraising activities is the management and supervision of ‘The Fishermans Road Markets’ operated every Sunday. The Markets has run for 21 years and provided over $2.2 million which has made a difference to many.
- Swanies Leos at Maroochydore High School
- Youth of the Year
- Writing Challenge
- Roadcraft – driver training through local high schools
- Youth Insearch Camps (helping troubled youth)
- Maroochydore Neighbourhood Centre
- Alex Surf Club – Nippers
- Health – hearing and sight
- Children’s Diabetes Camp
- Level Up – advancing social and public welfare of those disadvantaged locally
- Domestic Violence
- Careflight helicopter
- Hearing Dogs
- Sight Dogs
- Compass – progressive day program for people with disabilities
We also support Lions Australia which helps across a range of sectors including health, emergency services, cutting edge medical research, and projects which support our most vulnerable community members.
- Australian Lions Childhood Cancer Research Foundation
- Australian Lions Children’s Mobility Foundation
- Australian Lions Hearing Dogs
- The Lions Eye Health Program
- Operation Smile
- Australian Lions Drug Awareness Foundation
- Lions Prostate Cancer Research, Treatment & Support Project
- Lions Cord Blood Foundation
- Lions Australia Spinal Cord Fellowship
- Lions Alzheimer’s Foundation
- Lions Skin Cancer Screening Project
Australian Lions Foundation and the Lions Australian Childhood Cancer Research Foundation, ARE charities registered with the ACNC.
Charity donations can be claimed on your tax return if your charity is registered as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR). (For a tax-deductible donation to Lions Australia your donation needs to go to the ALF or ALCCRF.)
We also support Lions International
LCIF helps Lions improve peoples’ lives around the world, from combating vision problems to responding to major catastrophes to providing valuable life skills to youth.